Monday 6 October 2014

Scourge of the Skies!

My first Scourge (1st of 10).
I've spent a long time painting him because I've been trying to figure out how I want them to look. I guess I figured it out.
I figured out I really like painting those fluid canisters. I wouldn't mind trying one full of red goo or maybe blue. These guys all get the green treatment however.

I like the idea of scourges in-game. Generally in 40k, jump infantry gets the role of assault troops, but scourges go against the grain. I have both of my units kitted out for tank hunting - one unit with 4 dark lances and the other with 2 haywire blasters and 2 heat lances.
After lots of chopping and changing with the new codex, it's time I added a voidraven. Something to save for anyhow.

4 comments:

  1. Looking great byron. Any reason you didn't do a quad haywire? The only issue with mixing with the lances is the different ranges (and you'd have to be within 9 to get the melta hit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly for modelling reasons. I already had a few dark lances laying around for the first squad, but I thought it would be fun to give the other unit a more esoteric loadout. Haywire is absolutely brutal at taking down tanks, but with the ranges on both weapons, the strength 4 wasn't really giving me secure feelings for a whole squad. The heat lances are strength 6 ap1, so if anyone feels the need to bring some terminators to deal with them - a couple of heat lance shots may deter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent points! Was curious. Always like to know everyone's strategies and ideas.

      Delete
    2. It's pretty high risk using a fragile squad like that, but they have better armour than the average kabalite and I just can't wait to see the look on an imperial guard player's face when they pop his baneblade!

      Delete