Wednesday 15 October 2014

What have I been up to?

So last friday I had a minor operation on my spine. Been a little lazy. Anyhow, I've been working on the scourges again and I primed and base coated a couple of raider craft. I'm not sure if you can tell on the raiders (crappy washed out light, can't afford a new work light) the hulls are highlighted and weathered with an airbrush. The weathering is just secret weapon's armour wash, which I'll be brushing into the armour recesses for that added depth.
With wyches being made nearly redundant in the new codex, I chopped up one of my squads and gave them kabalite weapons - because you can never have too many raider squads right? They're not painted yet, but I'll include some pics anyway - maybe it will give someone an idea or  two!
I'm going to start working on the diorama again this week, so hopefully I'll have something new to show off :)

4 comments:

  1. I tried to paint some dark eldar once. My brushes weren't small enough. Those are some tiny models!

    I still think wyches have their place in the new codex. Everyone is just upset right now and hasn't readjusted. The fact they can be 4++ and 5+ in CC makes them one of the best tarpits in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a lot of fun to paint! I'd love to do another army of them one day when my painting is much better in a different scheme.
      I still run a 10 strong unit to soak overwatch for my Archon and incubi, but I just couldn't think of a purpose for the other squad.
      They actually do really well against assault terminators due to the weight of attacks they can dish out on the charge. I played against a deathwing army and I was really surprised just how brutal the incubi were though. They're a godsend with their AP2 klaives.

      Delete
  2. Nice! They are also base 2a so that definitely helps a lot vs terminators and their 1a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really unhappy about the nerf to hydra gauntlets though... it used to be +d6 attacks.

      Delete