Sunday 2 November 2014

Diorama progress

With 3 weeks to go, I've become a little frantic about this painting comp!!

The current surface looks like crap, but it's far from finished. Ive pigmented some reptile sand to put over the top of it - I'll be doing that tomorrow :)

All of the metal is applied and to a certain extent, weathered.

Marines are also shaping up.

I'm reconsidering using chaos cultist models - just making it a 'space marines in a heroic pose' sort of scene. The reason is that I was going to have to do a cral load of sculpting and maiming etc to get them even ready to put in the scene.

I've been reading some tutorials on painting galaxies and the blue blob you can see in the background is the beginnings of that.

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a diorama! Wow. Three weeks? I'd be tearing my hair out...but you can do it! Think of how awesome it will feel when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :) I think I'll get it done, I just have to focus and not play so much counterstrike lol!

      Delete