Thursday 27 November 2014

Sons of the Sunless World

So, my diorama flopped at the painting comp. I'm a little disappointed, sure, but if anything, my passion to create something even better has been invigorated.
Anyone who's talked to me about hobby stuff will know I'm absolutely in love with the Night Lords legion. Aaron Dembski Bowden's Talos trilogy was the start of something beautiful for me! I couldn't get enough! Sevatar is the greatest badass in the Heresy novels as far as I'm concerned and I can't wait to get a hold of his model when forgeworld releases it.

So, I've put in another order with forgeworld - a Night Lord's contemptor pattern dreadnought with a plasma cannon and death claw and a unit of night raptors.

This afternoon after work however, I was taken by inspiration! I couldn't wait any longer. I took some parts and a couple of pre heresy marines and I made a Night Lords Praetor. Complete with Nostraman chainglaive and flayed skin gloves.

I'm very proud and I can't wait to paint him (when he's finished of course - still need a few icons etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment