Wednesday 14 January 2015

Raptors!

So these are through the initial stages. I painted the helmets on the sprue.
Armour, as with all of my night lords is airbrushed on - 50/50 mix of vallejo air signal blue and french blue, followed by french blue highlights and for the final zenithal highlights, 75/25 mix of french blue and white.
These guys are shaping up to be an absolute delight to paint. I love the sinister aesthetic and the dynamic poses.
I decided to save one of the winged helmets for the sergeant of my tactical squad, using instead one of the sternguard squad bare heads on the raptor with the chainglaive.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely models. Some of the CSM models have such epic details and poses...they make the standard "good guys" look rather bland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially the Forgeworld stuff! I'm hooked on the Horus Heresy. I just can't get enough of the Night Lords.

      Delete
    2. Ya...I was in awe of when their dread came out. All their stuff has been crazy awesome lately. I went ahead and put in an order for a Meka dread, so I'll have one of each ork dread now :). It was time!

      Delete
    3. Ah awesome! Forgeworld's models just keep getting better and better. I'm keen to see how things are even in another year or so.

      Delete