Friday 5 September 2014

Sigismund - finished :)

I finished Sigismund this morning. I'm super happy with the job and I cannot wait to get started on the rest of the diorama.
The Emperor's Champion model is one of my favourites of all time and I had to paint Sigismund in the metal version of it. It fits perfectly with my vision for the diorama (if you're lucky, I'll do a crappy drawing and post it up).
I'd thought about doing some conversion work on the model pre-painting such as adding that strange wing thing from the Celestine model or even using the EC sword arm on Forgeworld's company champion model in its heroic pose. I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I just love the model too much! I did however add an iron halo and some grenades with a scroll from the grey knights kit just for some extra flavour.
The other marines in the diorama will no doubt have some conversion work. I have an idea for an astartes in mkIII armour with a bolter, his front leg resting atop a slain ork while he fires his bolter into the onrushing horde.
I'd also thought of maybe doing some freehand work on the cloak - perhaps a celtic weave pattern in white along the hem - but I really dont want too much going on on the individual level when the diorama will have so much already.

Anyway I hope you all enjoy Sigismund and stay tuned for WIP shots of a big ugly dragon.

2 comments:

  1. The armor plates definitely stand out a bit more now. He is one of my favorite figures as well. I usually run mine as a chapter master, because the emp champ rules are rather meh by comparison.

    Really nice work on the gems on the sword. Good highlighting on the gold bits. Just a nicely executed model. :)

    You could always go back later if you wanted to do some free hand on the cape, just seal it first :).

    I've always wondered if the artificer armors would of had a different power pack. The armor is so sleek and wicked awesome looking...then they give us the same old boring power unit. Poor sculptors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg!
      I'm thinking of doing a tutorial on my red gems soon. My green gems leave a lot to be desired however - but I think it's because my green paint collection is a little lacking.
      As for the power unit, I was actually going to use the MK IV champion's backpack with the eaglehead vents, but I wanted to keep that model together. That and I found a sternguard veteran backpack with a Crux Terminatus in my bits box that I thought would work nicely too!

      Delete