Sunday 21 September 2014

Trueborns :)

So I'm taking part in a narrative campaign at my local gw this coming sunday and I'm frantically trying to paint up the rest of my 2000 points of dark eldar. First point of call is to finish sculpting the cloaks on my trueborns.
I decided to break them into 2 groups - 4 shardcarbines, 2 splinter cannons and the duke in a raider.
And secondly, 3 blasters and a dracon with a blast pistol in a venom.
I decided to do that because they both have a specific purpose and having them all in the one big deathstar was certainly an invitation for disaster.
I converted the dracon from a spare incubus.

And finally we have a sneak peak of my talos pain engine in progress.

4 comments:

  1. Wicked awesome. That archon and trueborn look great! And I love the talos! Boy though does it need some sort of invuln or jink though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm gonna admit, I've not actually used my DE force on the table-top yet. My original list builds didn't initially include a talos, but the more I looked, the more I loved the model. I think I'll do an allied coven force with some wracks and a couple of Haemonculi and just jam as many hex rifles in as poasible.
      That archon is the leader on one trueborn unit and Sliscus leads the poison brigade. I have another archon who leads my Incubi which I converted from the actual archon model. I used one of the bare male heads with the mouth masked and sculpted lovely blonde hair onto him. I like blonde hair on dark eldar for some reason.

      Delete
    2. I think the blonde hair works well, because the DE are somewhat obsessed with beauty within the pain. (I know the reason lelith is so pretty is because she's never been hit). They did help create slanesh after all :).

      The talos is brutal in CC, but only has a 3+. I think it's got fleet though...it's also on a skimmer base, but not a jump MC. I'm hoping they address some of these issues in the codex rewrite. I don't play DE directly, but have probably played vs them about 50+ times :).

      Delete
    3. My idea was to use it as a bullet magnet or a tar pit. I really hate the idea of overwatch shredding up my precious Incubi before they have the opportunity to chop things up. I always have the wyches for that, but I'd rather not waste their haywire grenades.

      Delete