Thursday 31 July 2014

Cutter Complete!

So after about 10 hours of work, Panoceania's scariest TAG is finished.

I used a couple of unfamilar techniques in this that will carry onto the rest of my infinity stuff. Non metallic metal of two varieties was a really interesting and enlightening technique for me as I've never used it or considered using it before. I suppose my technique and formula will improve as time goes on. But for a first attempt - I'm happy.

Object source lighting is something I've always loved. I didnt really have the opportunity to use it to its full potential on the cutter, but I think that where I used it, it really had quite an effect. I like a green glow on the red background for its contrast value - the effect is striking.

The base is made with balsa wood and plaster for smoothing. I think that has a really good value for concrete. The rough stuff is just textured brown paint with a couple of washes (nuln oil and secret weapon stone wash). The base fits the theme for my terrain project (the kickstarter one).

Here is the kickstarter link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584807271/28mm-city-terrain-tutorials-infinity-40k

Next in line is sculpting cloaks for the dark eldar and moving on with some more infinity stuff - ORC trooper with multi rifle, nisses and hexas with sniper rifle and spitfire respectively.

I hope you all enjoyed this - don't hesitate to ask any questions about it!

4 comments:

  1. I don't follow infinity, but this is a very nicely painted model. Good use of shade and highlights on the armor sections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your compliment Greg!

      Delete
  2. Just browsing through this and your other Infinity pics, they are great ! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rathstar! Im so glad you like it! I'm really new to the cartoony style of infinity, but I think I'm getting better. I just got a couple of the 'knight of the holy sepulchre' miniature and that one is next on my to-do list. Hopefully it turns out great because I love that model!

      Delete