Saturday 19 July 2014

Infinity progress update

Slow progress on the cutter - about 5 hours work so far and I reckon it's maybe 30-40% finished.

I'm really liking the colour scheme I've chosen and I think I'll definitely stay with it for painting the rest of my Panoceania force.

Red can be a real pain to highlight, so I opted to wash the red really dark and then highlight starting with an equal parts mix of mephiston red and fiery orange, progressively mixing in yriel yellow on the more extreme edge. It seemed to work on the right arm, so I'll keep it up with the rest.

The grey parts are russ grey, with highlights of russ grey/ ceramite white mixes - obviously with more white being added for the higher edges.

I'm really enjoying painting the cutter. It is quite unlike any model I've ever painted before and I think in that regard, it's testing my skills nicely.

More progress pics coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment