Tuesday 22 July 2014

Review time!

Hey readers!

While working ever so slowly on the Cutter, I thought I'd do a review on a couple of the Panoceanic heavy infantry models - Aquila Guard with multi-rifle and Swiss Guard with rocket launcher.

Both models are fantastic as far as metal models go, and as per the Cutter, I think I'm really going to enjoy painting them. Both models are relatively easy to put together, being monopose and having locking pin type joints for the arms.
As to be expected with metal models, both required a (relatively small, to be honest) amount of cleaning and flash removal.
The Aquila Guard actually required some greenstuff work - the locking pieces on the jacket didnt quite match up, so I decided to fill them in. There were no such troubles on the Swiss Guard.

Rating -

Sculpt - Both models are a 4/5. The level of detail is comfortable and still impressive, while the poses are absolutely fantastic.
Cast quality - Another 4/5. While there was still a small amount of flash and some injection points to clean up, Infinity consistently produces some of the nicest metals I've ever worked with. Really, the only problem I had was the jacket and the head on the Aquila Guard which required some gap filling.

I can't wait to finish the Cutter so I can get to work on these!

No comments:

Post a Comment